Semisweet Chocolate Pinwheel Cookies Recipe
Nancy Arevalo of Brookfield, Wisconsin shared the recipe for these buttery refrigerator cookies. Chocolate and vanilla provide a delightful contrast in their flavor and appearance.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, melted
- 3 tablespoons milk, warmed
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough in half. Add melted chocolate to one portion; mix well. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Divide each portion of dough into fourths; shape each into a 5-in. log. Flatten into triangular-shaped logs. Brush long sides with milk. Assemble one large roll by alternating two chocolate and two plain logs. Repeat. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap each roll; cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Pinwheels in Taste of Home December/January 2008, p9
Reviews for Semisweet Chocolate Pinwheel Cookies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Pinwheel Cookies >