The classic combination of peanut butter and chocolate never fails to satisfy...and this indulgent pie from our home economists is no exception. The pie can also be kept in the freezer for a quick dessert.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Featured In: 30 Desserts Ready in 30 Minutes
- 3 cups crushed Oreo cookies (about 30 cookies)
- 1-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2-2/3 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and 1/2 cup peanut butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan; set aside. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in the peanuts, milk and remaining peanut butter.
- In a small bowl with clean beaters, beat 2 cups cream until stiff peaks form. With a spatula, stir a fourth of the whipped cream into peanut butter mixture. Fold in remaining whipped cream. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring remaining cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool slightly, stirring occasionally. Pour chocolate mixture over cake. Refrigerate until set. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p222
Reviews for Semisweet Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review