Semisweet Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips with water; stir until smooth. Stir a small amount of hot chocolate mixture into egg yolk; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool, stirring several times.
- In a small bowl, beat whipping cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Fold in cooled chocolate mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Semisweet Chocolate Mousse
Sort By :
Fast, easy and quite tasty!
This mousse is wonderful! Once you try it, you'll be making it again.
I make this for my hubby 1-3 times per year. It's his favorite. I forgot where I get the recipe and have FINALLY bookmarked the page. But I found this again and so happy!! This is so easy and so very good. He will be very happy tonight when I present this after dinner :-)
Marvalous....absolutely delicious!!I could eat it every day.