Semisweet Chocolate Chips Blondies
These cookies were my brothers' and my favorite when we were growing up...now they are popular with my three youngsters.
36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small saucepan, melt shortening. Add sugar; cool. Place in a
- bowl; beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; add to
- batter (batter will be stiff). Turn into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x
- 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips over top. Bake at
- 350° for 20-25 minutes. Cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 147 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.