Semiformal Evening Truffles
This truffles are sure to become a favorite in your home. They are easy to make and have such a rich flavor.—Cindy Morris, Coyle, Oklahoma
40 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup flaked coconut, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chocolate sprinkles
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips. Add the cream
- cheese, coffee granules and water; beat until smooth. Cover and
- refrigerate for 45-60 minutes or until thickened, stirring every 15
- Shape into 3/4-in. balls; roll in coconut or sprinkles. Store in an
- airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 truffle equals 124 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.