For a creative way to have the kids help you make lunch, try this sandwich. Kids will love to make there self portrait and will think it is delicious.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 bread slices
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 bologna slices
- 3 pickle slices, divided
- 3 large pitted ripe olives, divided
- 1 medium tomato
- 2 cucumber slices, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 process American cheese slice
- 2 small onion slices
- 1 thin sweet red pepper slice, halved lengthwise
- 1 celery rib
- Top each piece of bread with a lettuce leaf and piece of bologna. For
- carrot-top sandwich, place two pickle slices on bologna for eyes.
- Cut one olive in half widthwise; place bottom half on face for nose.
- Cut remaining half into quarters. Place a quarter on each pickle
- slice (discard remaining quarter pieces).
- Cut tomato in half from top to bottom (save one half for another
- use). Cut remaining tomato half into a rounded triangle for mouth;
- place on sandwich. Cut one cucumber slice in half; arrange on
- sandwich for ears. Add shredded carrot for hair. Cut cheese into
- four strips. Place two strips over eyes for eyebrows; set remaining
- cheese strips aside.
- For curly top sandwich, place onion slices on bologna for eyes. Cut a