Secret Kiss Cupcakes Recipe
I earned a merit badge by dreaming up these cupcakes for a Cub Scouts meeting. You should have seen the grins when the kids bit into the chocolate kisses in the middle. My husband and grandkids say I don't make them often enough.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:30 servings
- 3-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 30 milk chocolate kisses
- 1 can (16 ounces) fudge frosting
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Combine the buttermilk, butter, eggs and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients until blended.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cupcake until batter completely covers candy.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cakes comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost cupcakes. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 262 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 283 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC