Here's a recipe that's literally sealed with a "kiss." This cookie's bound to tickle any sweet tooth. —Karen Owen, Rising Sun, Indiana
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 30 milk chocolate kisses
- 1-1/3 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well. Fold in walnuts. Refrigerate dough 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Shape into 1-in. balls. Flatten balls and place a chocolate kiss in the center of each; pinch dough together around kiss. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 12 minutes or until set but not browned. Cool 1 minute; remove from pans to wire racks.
- Sift together 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar and cocoa. While cookies are still warm, roll half in cocoa mixture and half in remaining confectioners' sugar. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Secret Kiss Cookies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p31
Reviews for Secret Kiss Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review