Secret-Ingredient Stuffed Eggs Recipe
My take on deviled eggs is full of surprises. The down-home appetizer Mom used to make gets an upscale touch from mango, goat cheese and pecans. People love these tempting treats.—Beth Satterfield, Dover, Delaware
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 4 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pecans, divided
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Add 3 tablespoons goat cheese, 2 tablespoons pecans, mayonnaise, celery, chutney, salt and pepper; mix well. Stuff into egg whites. Refrigerate until serving.
- 2. Just before serving, sprinkle with remaining goat cheese and pecans. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 stuffed egg half equals 94 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC