Secret Ingredient Saucy Chops
Coffee, steak sauce, molasses and chocolate combine with garlic and thyme to drape these juicy chops in a thick, savory sauce. —Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick
- skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each
- side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove and keep
- Add the coffee, steak sauce, molasses, garlic powder and thyme to the
- pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Whisk in
- chocolate until melted. Return pork chops to pan; heat through.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop equals 295 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 500 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,