- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the coffee, steak sauce, molasses, garlic powder and thyme to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Whisk in chocolate until melted. Return pork chops to pan; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Secret Ingredient Saucy Chops
Sort By :
I loved the flavor, especially how unusual it is. But, it's a little on the risky side for kids. Easy to make!
Excellent served with a strawberry spinach salad.