- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the coffee, steak sauce, molasses, garlic powder and thyme to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Whisk in chocolate until melted. Return pork chops to pan; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Secret Ingredient Saucy Chops in Healthy Cooking February/March 2012, p59
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Secret Ingredient Saucy Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 13, 2012
I loved the flavor, especially how unusual it is. But, it's a little on the risky side for kids. Easy to make!
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2012
Excellent served with a strawberry spinach salad.
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >