Coffee, steak sauce, molasses and chocolate combine with garlic and thyme to drape these juicy chops in a thick, savory sauce. —Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
Featured In: Recipes with Secret Ingredients
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the coffee, steak sauce, molasses, garlic powder and thyme to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Whisk in chocolate until melted. Return pork chops to pan; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Secret Ingredient Saucy Chops in Healthy Cooking February/March 2012, p59
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Secret Ingredient Saucy Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 13, 2012
"I loved the flavor, especially how unusual it is. But, it's a little on the risky side for kids. Easy to make!"
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2012
"Excellent served with a strawberry spinach salad."