Secret Ingredient Fried Catfish Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons carbonated water
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and water. In another shallow bowl, combine the pancake mix, seasoned salt and pepper. Dip fillets in egg mixture, then coat with seasoned pancake mix.
- 2. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry fillets, a few at a time, for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet equals 475 calories, 34 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 386 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Secret Ingredient Fried Catfish
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.