Pancake mix and carbonated water are the surprising secrets to these beautifully browned catfish fillets. Serve with coleslaw or sweet potato fries, and get ready for smiles. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons carbonated water
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and water. In another shallow bowl, combine the pancake mix, seasoned salt and pepper. Dip fillets in egg mixture, then coat with seasoned pancake mix.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry fillets, a few at a time, for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Logan's Fried Catfish in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p27
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Secret Ingredient Fried Catfish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review