Secret Ingredient Drop Cookies Recipe
Cottage cheese is the secret to making these cake-like cookies moist and tender. With candied cherries, they're a Christmas favorite.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup 4% small-curd cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 22 red or green candied cherries, halved
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the cottage cheese, egg and extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pineapple.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Top each with a cherry half. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 44 cookies.
1 each: 74 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Secret Ingredient Drop Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC