Secret Ingredient Drop Cookies
Cottage cheese is the secret to making these cake-like cookies moist and tender. With candied cherries, they're a Christmas favorite.
42 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup 4% small-curd cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 22 red or green candied cherries, halved
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in the cottage cheese, egg and extracts. Combine the flour, baking
- soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir
- in pineapple.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Top
- each with a cherry half. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until
- lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 44 cookies.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 74 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium,