Secondhand Turkey Recipe
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups cooked egg noodles
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and celery in 3 tablespoons butter until tender. Combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; stir into mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook for 1 minute or until thickened.
- 2. Stir in the turkey, noodles, broth, salt, thyme and pepper. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 479 calories, 24 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 1,038 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer