Secondhand Turkey Recipe
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups cooked egg noodles
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and celery in 3 tablespoons butter until tender. Combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; stir into mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Stir in the turkey, noodles, broth, salt, thyme and pepper. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Secondhand Turkey(7)
Sort By :
Made this last night for dinner. It was quick easy and good. I did add some garlic and onion powder to the celery and mushrooms. I'm glad I did, it gave it a little more flavor.
We absolutely loved this dish. Made exactly to recepie.
I made this for dinner last night and it was a hit. I used a little extra thyme and used turkey stuffing mix on top.
It was really good. I didnt have any celery on hand, so I used carrots. I also added some chopped onion. Actually the carrots made the dish not so bland looking aswell.
Day after Thanksgiving...I made this but because I was too lazy to go to the store and buy the mushrooms and celery, I made a roux and then add a can of drained peas because that's what I had on hand. Next time, I will add the mushrooms because I have more cooked turkey. Thank you for this recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Baked Turkey >
- Casseroles >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Main Dishes >