Second-Chance Reubens Recipe
- 8 slices rye bread
- 4 tablespoons Thousand Island salad dressing, divided
- 4 slices cooked meat loaf, warmed
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1. Spread four bread slices with half of salad dressing. Layer each with meat loaf, sauerkraut and cheese. Spread remaining bread with remaining salad dressing; place over cheese. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
Italian Patty Melts: Substitute Italian bread for rye. For each sandwich, layer a bread slice with 1 slice provolone cheese, 1 tablespoon each pizza sauce and giardiniera, 1 slice meat loaf and a bread slice. Butter outsides of sandwiches; cook as directed. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 515 calories, 31g fat (14g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 1045mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 20g protein .
Reviews for Second-Chance Reubens
"Saving recipe after noticing contains cooked meat loaf. Appears quite versatile. Joscy"