Second-Chance Reubens Recipe
“Now that you have so many tasty meatloaf recipes, how do you liven up leftover meatloaf? This great recipe is the answer! If you like Rueben sandwiches, you'll love this new take on an old favorite.” -Kimberley Johnson of Englewood, Colorado
- 8 slices rye bread
- 4 tablespoons Thousand Island salad dressing, divided
- 4 slices cooked meat loaf, warmed
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1. Spread four bread slices with half of salad dressing. Layer each with meat loaf, sauerkraut and cheese. Spread remaining bread with remaining salad dressing; place over cheese. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich equals 515 calories, 31 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 1,045 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Second-Chance Reubens
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC