Seasoning For Tacos Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 5 teaspoons paprika
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup water
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 3 batches (about 1/2 cup total).
- 2. To prepare taco meat: In a saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add water and 8 teaspoons seasoning mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Yield: 4 servings per batch.
8 teaspoon: 236 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 659mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein .
Reviews for Seasoning For Tacos
"In a 3-recipe taste test, tacos made with this recipe were the clear winner and family favorite. We've used nothing else for 5 years now, although I've tried a few new ones. None compare. I've since reduced the amount of seasoning per pound of beef to 2 tablespoons, and have found that when making bun tacos a teaspoon of flour per pound of beef helps the beef cling together and stay put on the bun."
"My 6 year old loves this seasoning...so do we!"
"I keep this on hand and we use a lot of it! Such great flavor! This will make a perfect little add in for gift baskets, too! When I made this for the "umpteenth" time a couple of nights ago, I used some leftover tomato juice I had (from a can of diced tomatoes and green peppers) in place of the water. This added even more flavor. To stretch my dollar, I add a can of refried beans to the taco meat after it's done and heat it all together. So tasty! You've got to try this! AWESOME!"
"I added about 4-5 tablespoons of sugar-this is really good and mild and none of the stuff they add to it in the stores! Make it more spicy and add pepper and more cayenne or red pepper flakes."
"I love the flavor in this mix, I also like that it does not call for cornstarch or flour. I do use dried minced onion in place of the onion powder (about 2 T.) and only 1 tsp on salt."
"I don't use the full amount of salt and it was just as good."
"This a great mix to have on hand!"
"This has too much salt and the high sodium content is a turn down for many, so omit the salt and add a touch of lemon to release spcie flavors or add fresh or dried herbs for flavor like oregano or basil and use fresh garilc and fresh red pepper."