Seasoning For Tacos Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 5 teaspoons paprika
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup water
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 3 batches (about 1/2 cup total).
- To prepare taco meat: In a saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add water and 8 teaspoons seasoning mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Yield: 4 servings per batch.
Reviews for Seasoning For Tacos
Sort By :
"My 6 year old loves this seasoning...so do we!"
"I keep this on hand and we use a lot of it! Such great flavor! This will make a perfect little add in for gift baskets, too! When I made this for the "umpteenth" time a couple of nights ago, I used some leftover tomato juice I had (from a can of diced tomatoes and green peppers) in place of the water. This added even more flavor. To stretch my dollar, I add a can of refried beans to the taco meat after it's done and heat it all together. So tasty! You've got to try this! AWESOME!"
"I added about 4-5 tablespoons of sugar-this is really good and mild and none of the stuff they add to it in the stores! Make it more spicy and add pepper and more cayenne or red pepper flakes."
"I love the flavor in this mix, I also like that it does not call for cornstarch or flour. I do use dried minced onion in place of the onion powder (about 2 T.) and only 1 tsp on salt."
"I don't use the full amount of salt and it was just as good."