- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in
- half. Divide each portion into 12 pieces. Shape each into a ball.
- Place 3 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Brush with butter. Cover
- and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to
- wire racks to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine the salt, garlic powder and pepper; rub over
- turkey. Place butter inside turkey cavity; tie drumsticks together.
- Prepare grill for indirect medium heat. Tuck wings under turkey and
- place with breast side up in a disposable roasting pan; place on
- grill rack.
- Grill, covered, for 1 hour. If using a charcoal grill, add 10
- briquettes to coals. Baste with pan drippings. Cover and grill 1-1/2
- to 2 hours longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180°, adding
- 10 briquettes to maintain heat and brushing with pan drippings every
- 30 minutes. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.)
- Cover and let stand for 20 minutes before carving. Split buns in
- half; fill with sliced turkey. Yield: 24 sandwiches.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 513 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 166 mg cholesterol, 452 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 46 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011
. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now