Seasoned Turkey Gravy Recipe
This smooth and tasty gravy makes a great turkey taste even better. If you prefer a darker color, let the flour brown slightly when you mix it into the saucepan with the seasonings and reserved fat. —Terri McKitrick, Delafield, Wisconsin
- Roasted turkey drippings
- Chicken broth or water
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Pour turkey drippings and loosened browned bits into a measuring cup. Skim fat, reserving 1/4 cup; set aside. Add enough broth to the drippings to measure 2 cups.
- 2. In a small saucepan, heat reserved fat. Stir in flour and seasonings until smooth. Gradually stir in broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 2 cups.
2 tablespoons equals 38 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Seasoned Turkey Gravy
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC