Seasoned Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 1/2 cup herb-seasoned stuffing croutons
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 5 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves, onion, tomato slices and fat-free mayonnaise, optional
- 1. Crush or process stuffing croutons into fine crumbs. In a bowl, combine crumbs, turkey and onion. Shape into five patties.
- 2. Broil or grill over medium-hot heat for 8-10 minutes, turning once. Serve on buns with lettuce, onion, tomato and mayonnaise if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (calculated without bun, lettuce, onion, tomato and mayonnaise) equals 124 calories, 163 mg sodium, 45 mg cholesterol, 5 gm carbohydrate, 23 gm protein, 1 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Seasoned Turkey Burgers
"Hubby loved these burgers. I liked them, too, but not quite so much as he did. They were very simple to prepare and I'm sure I will make them again. They were full of flavor from the stuffing cubes."
"very simple and easy to make. My daughter loves turkey burgers and she really enjoyed this one."
"I added an egg white and 2 TBLS steak seasoning. would definitely make again"
"What a great simple recipe. A good Friday night end of the week meal. Cheap and Tasty!!!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.