Seasoned Taco Meat
I got this recipe from the restaurant where I work. Everyone in town loves the blend of different seasonings and now the secret is out!Denise Mumm, Dixon, Iowa
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds ground beef
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no
- longer pink; drain. Add water and seasonings. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until the water is
- absorbed. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
You can serve Seasoned Taco Meat in a variety of ways. Use it as a filling for tacos or enchiladas, or as a topping for pizza or baked potatoes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 99 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 349 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.