Seasoned Salt Recipe
Our family is self-reliant and likes to make things from scratch—including spices and seasonings. The kids jostle for a turn to mix up Seasoned Salt. It's a favorite sprinkled on our sliced homegrown tomatoes.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 5 min. YIELD:60 servings
- 2/3 cup fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 year. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
1 serving (1 teaspoon) equals 8 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1,259 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC