A co-worker whose husband was an avid fisherman gave me a great recipe for seasoned salt. I add 1/2 teaspoon of it to 3/4 cup of flour and use the mixture to coat fish before frying.—Florence Beer, Houlton, Wisconsin
Recommended: Homemade Mixes for Popular Pantry Staples
- 1/3 cup salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Use to season fish, chicken and pork chops. Yield: about 1/2 cup.
Originally published as Seasoned Salt Mix in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Seasoned Salt Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review