Our family is self-reliant and likes to make things from scratch—including spices and seasonings. The kids jostle for a turn to mix up Seasoned Salt. It's a favorite sprinkled on our sliced homegrown tomatoes.
Featured In: Homemade Mixes for Popular Pantry Staples
- 2/3 cup fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 year. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Originally published as Seasoned Salt in Country Woman September/October 2006, p37
Reviews for Seasoned Salt
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 24, 2012
"My daughter found this recipe and brought me a big jar about a year ago. A friend and I made six batches (that's how good it is) to give as tuck-away Xmas Gifts and for me to use as Hostess Gifts."