Our family is self-reliant and likes to make things from scratch—including spices and seasonings. The kids jostle for a turn to mix up Seasoned Salt. It's a favorite sprinkled on our sliced homegrown tomatoes.
- 2/3 cup fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 year. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Originally published as Seasoned Salt in Country Woman September/October 2006, p37
Reviews for Seasoned Salt
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 24, 2012
"My daughter found this recipe and brought me a big jar about a year ago. A friend and I made six batches (that's how good it is) to give as tuck-away Xmas Gifts and for me to use as Hostess Gifts."