Seasoned Salmon Steaks Recipe
A flavorful basting sauce adds spark to these special salmon steaks sent in by Cary Winright of Medina, Texas. The moist firm fish broils to perfection in mere minutes.
- 6 salmon steaks (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Place salmon on a greased broiler rack. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients. Brush some over some over salmon. Turn and broil 10 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Baste with remaining butter mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Seasoned Salmon Steaks in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p57
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Seasoned Salmon Steaks(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2011
I have been using this recipe for years. It is amazing. And so simple. It always get rave reviews. I use a fillet instead of the steaks.