Seasoned Roast Turkey
Rubbing the skin with melted butter keeps this simply seasoned turkey moist and tender.
13-15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 2-3/4 hours + standing
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 turkey (13 to 15 pounds)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place turkey,
- breast side up, on a rack in a roasting pan; pat dry. Brush with
- butter. Sprinkle with herb mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 hours or until a meat
- thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with pan drippings.
- (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.) Cover and
- let stand for 20 minutes before carving. Yield: 13-15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 488 calories, 24 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 221 mg cholesterol, 698 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 63 g protein.