Rubbing the skin with melted butter keeps this simply seasoned turkey moist and tender.
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 turkey (13 to 15 pounds)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a roasting pan; pat dry. Brush with butter. Sprinkle with herb mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with pan drippings. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.) Cover and let stand for 20 minutes before carving. Yield: 13-15 servings.
Originally published as Seasoned Roast Turkey in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p115
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Seasoned Roast Turkey
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review