- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 turkey (13 to 15 pounds)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a roasting pan; pat dry. Brush with butter. Sprinkle with herb mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with pan drippings. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.) Cover and let stand for 20 minutes before carving. Yield: 13-15 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Seasoned Roast Turkey
"My husband and I used this recipe to to make our very first turkeys for Thanksgiving, and they were a hit. The turkeys were extremely moist and had an excellent flavor. We made two; one we baked in a roster in the over, and the other we baked in an electric roaster. We accidently left the lid on the roster we put in the oven. When we discovered our error, we took the lid off, and allowed the turkey to brown. I have to say that was one moist turkey! The one in the electric roaster turned out very moist as well. Watch the cooking time, though, because the turkeys were done quite a bit ahead of schedule. We are no longer intimidated by the turkey!"
"Our whole family loved the turkey. Easy to make and very flavorful. Will use this reciped again."
"Love the seasoning! The flavors blended very well, was easy to make and use! The drippings for gravy were yummy too!!!"