Seasoned Roast Recipe
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic pepper or seasoned pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 beef ribeye roast (4 to 6 pounds), trimmed and tied
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and seasonings; rub over roast. Place roast fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-3/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Seasoned Roast(3)
Sort By :
My mother-in-law makes this nearly every Christmas and I tried it today. Fantastic! Super easy, except for estimating its time-of-completion, so that side dishes will be ready at the same time. I took it our at 140 degrees, let it sit for 15 minutes. The center was medium rare, the ends medium. Perfect and tender!
Easy and scrumptious! Recipes like this make you look like a gourmet cook with little effort! Next time I'll try heating the oven to 550 and then immediately turning it down to 350 to sear the roast.
Delicious! The roast I used was 2.5 pounds. Used a meat thermometer and stopped cooking the roast at 135 degrees amd then let rest, covered for about 20 mins. Absolutly perfect.