Seasoned Rib Roast Recipe
This is a very special and savory way to prepare a boneless beef rib roast. Gravy made from the drippings is exceptional. You can also use a ribeye roast with excellent results. — Evelyn Gebhardt, Kasilof, Alaska
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours + standing YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 beef ribeye roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the seasonings; rub over roast. Place roast fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-3/4 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove to a warm serving platter. Let stand for 10 minutes before carving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC