This is a very special and savory way to prepare a boneless beef rib roast. Gravy made from the drippings is exceptional. You can also use a ribeye roast with excellent results. — Evelyn Gebhardt, Kasilof, Alaska
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 beef ribeye roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the seasonings; rub over roast. Place roast fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-3/4 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove to a warm serving platter. Let stand for 10 minutes before carving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Seasoned Rib Roast in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p61
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Seasoned Rib Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review