- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 beef ribeye roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the seasonings; rub over roast. Place roast fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-3/4 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove to a warm serving platter. Let stand for 10 minutes before carving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Seasoned Rib Roast
Sort By :
This is so so good. I have made it several times and have been asked several times to make it. Very good, I would recommend this to anyone.
Good stew. Next time I will try using a 1/2 can of tomato paste and add onions. I used venison and made the pieces a little bigger than an inch cube.
The extremely well regarded cooking magazine Cook's Illustrated recommends using an instant read thermometer and remove when the center of meat registers about 122 degrees for rare to medium-rare or about 130 degrees for medium-rare to medium. The temperatures recommended in the recipe are those of the USDA. The USDA recommends much higher temperatures because they presume ?iffy? meat quality. The USDA recommends a minimum temperature of 145 degrees? that?s really medium well.
Trust me; the roast shown in the photograph of roast was no more than 120 degrees when it was removed from the oven it should also rest for at least 20 minutes before carving.
120 degrees is the temperature that I routinely use for prime rib? I probably cook eight to ten annually.
Oh My gosh, the best flavor and perfect rib roast I have ever made. Tasted gourmet and each time I make it, its perfect..
only thing is if you don't like spicy cut the cayenne pepper to half
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >