Seasoned Red Potatoes
These simple but tasty potatoes are on the menu at my SideTrack Cafe in Metamora, Indiana. I've collected recipes for years, and this is a favorite.Nancy Johnson, Connersville, Indiana
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 12 to 14 small red potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Peel a strip from around each potato. Place potatoes in an ungreased
- 3-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the oil, butter and
- seasonings; drizzle over potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°, for 50-55 minutes or until tender,
- stirring every 15 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 216 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 476 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.