These baked wedges, seasoned with Parmesan cheese and served with a sour cream dip, make a nice alternative to french fries or baked potatoes. They go great with grilled steak, but my family enjoys them as snacks, too. -Karen Trewin, Decorah, Iowa
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 large baking potatoes (about 2-3/4 pounds)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- SOUR CREAM DIP:
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese and paprika. Cut each potato into eight wedges; dip in milk. Place in the bag, a few at a time, and shake to coat.
- Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons butter. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes.
- Turn wedges; drizzle with remaining butter. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and golden brown.
- In a large bowl, combine dip ingredients. Serve with warm potato wedges. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Seasoned Potato Wedges in Taste of Home August/September 2002, p27
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Seasoned Potato Wedges
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review