Seasoned Potato Fries
"Here's an easy side dish for two that can be made in minutes from scratch. I think these fries rival frozen french fries for flavor," relates Peggy Hinnah of Fulton, Missouri. "We love snacking on these crunchy morsels served straight from the oven."
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 medium baking potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potato strips in a large resealable plastic bag; add oil. Seal
- bag and shake gently to coat. Add seasonings; shake again. Place
- seasoned strips on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake potato strips at 425° for 25 minutes or until crispy. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 247 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 310 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.