Seasoned Potato Cubes Recipe
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped, optional
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup beer or additional chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook and stir the potatoes in butter over medium-high heat until lightly browned. Sprinkle with the seasoned salt, garlic powder and pepper. Add the red pepper, onion and green pepper if desired. Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- 2. Combine the broth, beer and brown sugar if desired; pour over vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup (prepared with reduced-fat butter; calculated without brown sugar) equals 151 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 326 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Seasoned Potato Cubes
"These were really good made with the beer and served with the pork chops in the same issue."
"I just used broth and they were perfect!"
"These were great!!! It took a little bit longer to cook though. I used red and yellow bell peppers, a little extra butter/margarine, and chicken broth rather than beer. I'm not sure how the beer would have gone over with my 7 and 9 year old daughters!!"