Seasoned Pork Loin Roast Recipe
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic-pepper blend
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (about 5 pounds)
- BASTING SAUCE:
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic-pepper blend
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. Combine the garlic salt, garlic-pepper and lemon-pepper; rub over roast. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a thermometer reads 145°.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the basting sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Brush over roast occasionally while baking. Let roast stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 18 servings.
1 serving (5 ounces) equals 157 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 391 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.