- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic-pepper blend
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (about 5 pounds)
- BASTING SAUCE:
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic-pepper blend
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Combine the garlic salt, garlic-pepper and lemon-pepper; rub over roast. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a thermometer reads 145°.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the basting sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Brush over roast occasionally while baking. Let roast stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 18 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Seasoned Pork Loin Roast
"This was easy to make and turned out tender and moist. It wasn't as flavorful as I had hoped but still very yummy."
"This was a first for me. I have never cooked, baked or anything to a pork loin roast. I've done chops, country ribs, spare ribs, ham etc. but I have never been drawn to the different types of pork roasts so naturally I started looking for recipes. I knew I didn't want something sweet or fruity. I came across this recipe because I love lemon on most food and I knew this recipe would allow the flavor of the pork to be the star. Wow, I was gob smacked how good the pork loin was. Since I don't use salt I exchanged the garlic salt to garlic powder and instead of using red pepper flakes I used a half teaspoon of Creole seasoning for that little bit of a kick. Everyone couldn't get enough of the basting sauce to put on their slices of pork. This was a big hit with everyone including my 85 -88 year old aunt and uncle. They have ask me if I would cook them a pork loin roast so they can eat on it for several days and thought I would do one for my family but this time I am making extra sauce. Thanks for the great recipe."
"This was the 1st time I made a Pork Loin and this was easy and delicious too!!! I would recommend this recipe to any new cook, or someone like me who hasnt ever made a pork roast before. We loved it."
"I made this for a New Year's eve dinner. It was so moist and tender! Everyone loved it!"
"I made the seasoned pork loin roast for dinner tonight and followed the recipe. It was delicious! I wasn't sure about the combination of seasonings, especially the lemon-pepper, but they worked together very well. It was very flavorful and I would definitely make again!"