- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic-pepper blend
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (about 5 pounds)
- BASTING SAUCE:
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic-pepper blend
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Combine the garlic salt, garlic-pepper and lemon-pepper; rub over roast. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a thermometer reads 145°.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the basting sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Brush over roast occasionally while baking. Let roast stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 18 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Seasoned Pork Loin Roast
"This was easy to make and turned out tender and moist. It wasn't as flavorful as I had hoped but still very yummy."
"This was a first for me. I have never cooked, baked or anything to a pork loin roast. I've done chops, country ribs, spare ribs, ham etc. but I have never been drawn to the different types of pork roasts so naturally I started looking for recipes. I knew I didn't want something sweet or fruity. I came across this recipe because I love lemon on most food and I knew this recipe would allow the flavor of the pork to be the star. Wow, I was gob smacked how good the pork loin was. Since I don't use salt I exchanged the garlic salt to garlic powder and instead of using red pepper flakes I used a half teaspoon of Creole seasoning for that little bit of a kick. Everyone couldn't get enough of the basting sauce to put on their slices of pork. This was a big hit with everyone including my 85 -88 year old aunt and uncle. They have ask me if I would cook them a pork loin roast so they can eat on it for several days and thought I would do one for my family but this time I am making extra sauce. Thanks for the great recipe."
"This was the 1st time I made a Pork Loin and this was easy and delicious too!!! I would recommend this recipe to any new cook, or someone like me who hasnt ever made a pork roast before. We loved it."
"I made this for a New Year's eve dinner. It was so moist and tender! Everyone loved it!"
"I made the seasoned pork loin roast for dinner tonight and followed the recipe. It was delicious! I wasn't sure about the combination of seasonings, especially the lemon-pepper, but they worked together very well. It was very flavorful and I would definitely make again!"
"This was delicious! I made a very small tenderloin for just my husband and I and it turned out juicy and perfect. I grilled mine, keeping it between 350 and 400 for about an hour, turning it after about 30 minutes. My husband, who isn't crazy about pork roast, also thought it was very good."
"Great recipe. The pork was extremely moist. I basted the roast every 15 minutes. It is on my list of make again recipes."
"This tasted excellent!!! Wonderful seasonings!"
"this was the best pork roast i have ever made.... i have given this recipe to everyone i know"