Seasoned Mixed Nuts
These seasoned mixed nuts make great hostess gifts; or just tuck some in with a Christmas present. I often add another teaspoon of cardamom, a flavor we enjoy!Judi Oudekerk, Buffalo, Minnesota
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup pecan halves
- In a large heavy skillet, melt butter. Add 1/2 cup sugar; cook and
- stir over high heat until sugar is dissolved. Meanwhile, place
- cardamom and remaining sugar in a large bowl; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium; add the cashews, peanuts and pecans to butter
- mixture. Cook and stir until nuts are toasted, about 3 minutes. Add
- hot nuts to reserved cardamom mixture; toss to coat. Spread on foil
- to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/3 cup equals 349 calories, 27 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 196 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.