Seasoned Mashed Potatoes
Simply seasoned, these creamy mashed potatoes go so well with Mom's meat loaf. They've always been a favorite at our house. You can make the potatoes ahead and keep them warm, covered, in the baking pan in the oven. —Emily Dennis, Hancock, Michigan
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered (about 9 medium)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes. Add the remaining ingredients; beat
- until fluffy. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 354 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 479 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 6 g protein.