Seasoned Lemon Chicken Recipe
"This herbed chicken has been a family favorite since I clipped the recipe out of a newspaper some years ago," writes Mrs. Pat Miller of Joplin, Missouri. "It's often on our dinner table, since chicken is a staple in my freezer. If I'm out of lemon, I substitute a sprinkling of lemon pepper."
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons each garlic salt, pepper, dried basil, tarragon and thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 8 bone-in chicken breast halves (7 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 large lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, bay leaves and seasonings. Add chicken. seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Discard bay leaves. Place chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange lemon slices over chicken. Drizzle with lemon juice. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Seasoned Lemon Chicken in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p44
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Seasoned Lemon Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2010
Delicious and so lowfat!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baking Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >