Seasoned Green Beans Recipe
I like to add a little extra flavor to my green beans. And this mouthwatering recipe is one of the quickest and most delicious I have.—Katherine Firth, Oro Ballay, Arizona
- 3-1/2 cups fresh or frozen green beans (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1. Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 7-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. In a small bowl, combine the butter and seasonings. Drain beans; add butter mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 84 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 280 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC