Seasoned Green Beans For 2 Recipe
This tasty side dish from our Test Kitchen has just enough cayenne pepper to warm a frosty night and can hold its own with most meat entrees. Golden, caramelized onions add a dressed-up touch.
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add beans. Cover and cook for 3 minutes; drain.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add the paprika, salt, cayenne and beans; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup equals 59 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 303 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 vegetable.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC