This tasty side dish from our Test Kitchen has just enough cayenne pepper to warm a frosty night and can hold its own with most meat entrees. Golden, caramelized onions add a dressed-up touch.
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add beans. Cover and cook for 3 minutes; drain.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add the paprika, salt, cayenne and beans; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Seasoned Green Beans in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008, p47
Reviews for Seasoned Green Beans For 2
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2011
"This was a great recipe. I used this as a side dish to hambugers and beef gravy. SO Yummy!"