Seasoned Flank Steak
"I always keep a flank steak in the freezer for unexpected company," writes Betty Graham of Sun City, California. "This recipe has often saved me when our son appears on the doorstep. The easy four-ingredient marinade provides delicious flavor."
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 to 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first four
- ingredients; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for
- 1-2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Grill steak, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 6-12 minutes or
- until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat
- thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done,
- 170°). Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 249 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 551 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.