Seasoned Fan Potatoes Recipe
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. With a sharp knife, slice potatoes thinly but not all the way through, leaving slices attached at the bottom. Fan potatoes slightly.
- 2. Place in an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and salt. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 50 minutes. Sprinkle with cheeses and parsley; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 2 servings.
One potato (prepared with reduced-fat butter and reduced-fat cheese) equals 227 calories, 5 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 731 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.