For a festive presentation, Tressa Surdick slices into the tops of baking potatoes to "fan" them, then seasons them with herbs and butter. "Guests rave about these potatoes," she writes from Bethel Park, Pennsylvania.
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- With a sharp knife, slice potatoes thinly but not all the way through, leaving slices attached at the bottom. Fan potatoes slightly.
- Place in an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and salt. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 50 minutes. Sprinkle with cheeses and parsley; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Seasoned Fan Potatoes in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p39
Reviews for Seasoned Fan Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review